As part of Kff Foundation efforts to arm its grantees with knowledge and skills compensating for their lacking supportive and role model network, all grantees are every Saturday night participating in seminars based on literature in the broad field of leadership.
We try to cover all aspects of the subject and use the grantees' presentation as active training in public speaking with peer critics and advice on voice, language, para-language and body language aside from the contents preparation. We believe that this training is vital for their future professional impact.
Some of the books we have used as seminar base are listed below:
· THE PETER PRINCIPLE by: Dr. L. Peter and R. Hull
WHY THINGS ALWAYS GO WRONG.
· How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So That Kids Will Talk by: FABER & MAZLISH
Will bring about more cooperation from children than all the yelling and pleading in the world.
· How to Instantly Connect with Anyone by: Leil Lowndes
All-New Tricks for Big Success in Relationship
· ATTITUDES THAT ATTRACT SUCCESS by: Wayne Cordeiro
You are only aon attitude away from a great life
· THINK RICH PINOY & GROW RICH PINOY by: Larry Gamboa
· THE UNWRITTEN LAWS OF FINANCE & INVESTMENT by: Robert Cole
Profile books. London
· GUERRILLA MARKETING IN 30 DAYS by: Jay Conrad Levinson and AI Lautenslager
2nd Edition Marketing Series
· EXECUTIVE PRESENCE by: Harrison Monarth
The Art of Commanding Respect.
· BILLION DOLLAR LESSONS by: Paul B. Carroll & Chunka Mui
What You Can Learn From The Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Years.
· HOW THE MIGHTY FALL by: JIM COLLINS
And Why some companies never give in.
· INSIDE CHINESE BUSINESS by: Ming-Jer Chen
A guidefor managers worldwide.
· THE ART OF WAR by: SUN TZU / Edited and with a Foreword by: JAMES CLAVELL
· TRUST-BASED SELLING by: Charles H. Green
Using Customer Focus and Collaboration to Build Long-Term Relationships
· BUZZMARKETING with a new preface by: Mark Hughes
Get People to talk about your stuff
· KATA by: Boye Lafayette De Mente
The Key to Understanding & Dealing with the Japanese
· SECRETS TO DOMINATE YOUR NICHE by: Thomas Fernandez and Sant Qui
Differentiating Ideas to Easily OUTWIT | OUTSELL | OUTPERFORM | Your Competition!
· SALES BIBLE by: Jeffrey Gitomer's
The Ultimate Sales Resource
· COLD CALLING TECHNIQUES by: Stephan Schiffman
That Really Works.
· SHUT UP AND LISTEN! by: Theo Theobald and Cary Cooper
The Truth about how to communicate at work.
· the ultimate book of Mind Maps by: Tony Buzan
unlock your creativity, boost your memory, change your life.
· Getting from College to Career by: Lindsey Pollak
90 things to do before you join the real world.
· How to Sell Anything to Anybody by: Joe Girard with Stanley H. Brown
· Leadership and the One Minute Manager by: Kenneth Blanchard co-author of the One Minute Manager Patricia & Drea Zigarmi
Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership
· The TEN DAY MBA by: Steven Silbiger 3rd Edition
A step-by-step guide to mastering the skills taught in America's top business schools
· The Complete Idiot's Guide to Motivating People by: Michael Ramundo with Susan Shelly
· Good to Great by: Jim Collins
Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don't
· Strategy Bites Back by: Mintzberg, Ahlstrand & Lampel
It is far more, and less, than you ever imagined…
· Promoting Yourself by: Hal Lancaster
Lessons for getting to the top…and staying there
· I'M OK---YOU'RE OK by: Thomas A. Harris
A Practical Guide to Transactional Analysis
· The Art of Communicating by: Bert Decker
Achieving Interpersonal Impact in Business
· Managing Anger by: Rebecca R. Luhn Ph.D.
Methods for a Happier and Healthier Life
· The One-Minute Manager by: Kenneth Blachard, Ph.D. & Spencer Johnson, M. D.
Whether you manage a home, a business, a family or a life…it works!
· Smart by: David Firth
Things to know about People Management
· The Art of War by: Sun Tzu, edited by James Clavell
· Niccolo Machiavelli The Prince by: George Bull
· Management by Filipino Values by: Tomas D. Andres
A sequel to Understanding Filipino Values
· How to Talk so Kids will Listen & Listen so Kids Will Talk by: Faber & Mazlish
Will bring about more cooperation from children than all yelling and pleading in the world
· Becoming A Person of Influence by: John C. Maxwell & Jim Dornan
How to Positively Impact the Lives of Others
· Please Don't Shoot the Messenger! By: Dr. Gary S. Goodman
How to Talk to Demanding Bosses
· Smart by: Donna Deeprose
Things to know about Managing Projects
· Candide by: Voltaire - Francois-Marie Arouet
· You Can Win by: Shiv Khera
Winners don't do different things; they do things differently
· Smart by: John Mariotti
Things to know about Marketing
· MultiCultural Management by: Elashmawi & Harris
New Skills for Global Success
· Inside Chinese Business by: Ming-Jer Chen
A guide for Managers Worldwide
· Smart by: Yudelowitz, Koch & Field
Things to know about Leadership
· The Truth About Managing People by: Stephen P. Robins
· Successful Team Management by: Nicky Hayes
How team works
· The Saying of Confucius by: Graham Brash
· Get Paid More and Promoted Faster by: Brian Tracey
21 Great ways to get ahead in your career
· Failing Forward by: John C. Maxwell
Tuning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success
· Smart Moves by: Deep & Sussman
14 Steps to keep any Boss Happy